We all have days when we feel like we can't get out of bed and that the whole world is against us. These feelings can drag us down and make us depressed and miserable. But there are some simple ways and means that can help lift our spirits and even help prevent depression - yes, even during the miserable Winter months!
- Exercise - Numerous studies have shown proof that regular exercise is one of the best ways to beat those blues. Just 30 minutes a day could make all the difference! An easy way could be walking to work.
- Food - Stop eating the junk, cut out refined foods, sweets and fizzy drinks. Replace these with fresh fruit and veg every day as well as oily fish (like mackerel) 3 times a week.
- EFT - This stands for Emotional Freedom Techniques and is a form of alternative psychotherapy that uses tapping on acupuncture points as a means of tackling many emotional and physical problems. Once you've mastered the technique, a round of "tapping" takes just a couple of minutes and can help lift your mood.
- Friends - Another tried and tested way of lifting your mood is to spend some quality fun time with friends - grab some mates and go for a walk and a chat; you'll be amazed at how much this can make you feel happier in no time!
- Treat Yourself! - Sometimes just a short quick fix is enough to make yourself feel better so why not treat yourself to your favourite healthy snack, a book or cd that you've been desperate to own for ages or an Indian head massage.
What do YOU do to make yourself feel happier? Tweet or email us with your tips and positive stories or share your views on our Facebook Page!